Friday, February 22, 2013

March Fast Approaching

Hard to believe there's only a mere 6 days left until March is here. We're currently sitting in a very active meridional flow regime with system after system coming off the Pacific coast roughly ever other day. While the long-range models don't show any particularly promising pattern shift for severe weather any time soon, this current pattern is excellent for helping to alleviate some of the impacts of the severe drought across the southern plains, especially in SW Kansas and W Oklahoma. This is nowhere near a drought buster pattern, considering how severe the drought still is, but some snow pack and rain every few days should help prevent some of the moisture problems setups had out here last year when the severe weather season hits its stride.

In other news, all the gear is cleaned up and "refurbished" after the marginal chase bust in the Texas panhandle earlier in February. Finally found my pack of spare batteries that were hidden deep within the confines of my dorm room last week, which could have saved me ten bucks if I had remembered where I put the damn things earlier. But I'm already looking forward to what promises to be a great season, and hopefully another early one considering my current position. I'll only be out here until the second week of May and after that I'm tied down to a job and summer classes back home for the rest of the season. Hopefully April and the first week of May come up big or I may be suffering through a bad year (looking at you 2011).

So here's to the 2013 chase season, hope it rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment