Sunday, September 9, 2012

Life in Chase Mecca & the Fall Season

Well folks I've been in Norman for almost a full month now. So far its been amazing, I went to my first Sooner home game yesterday night where they opened a can of whoop ass on Florida A&M (thank god, no UTEP repeats). I also have been exploring the National Weather Center for the first time since I've been here. It really is an amazing place.

But moving back to the point of this, its looking like the upper air pattern over the CONUS is not gonna be conducive for any real severe weather opportunities in the next week and a half/two weeks. A high pressure dome is basically going to be sitting squarely over the Central Plains for the foreseeable future. Meanwhile back home in Cincinnati a huge squall line came roaring through Friday night and put down an EF0 just across the county line in Clermont County. I know I sound like a broken record, but I somehow figured something like that'd happen. All in all I'm not expecting anything special like November 7th from last year, but I really am hoping I get a nice surprise in the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment